HONR 370 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Demography Of The United States, Institutional Racism, Model Minority

41 views3 pages

Document Summary

Benefits of access to resources and social rewards and the power to shape the norms and values of society that whites receive, tacitly or explicitly, by virtue of their position in a racist society. I can do well in a challenging situation without being called a credit to my race. I am never asked to speak for all the people of my racial group. I (cid:272)a(cid:374) (cid:271)e pretty sure that if i ask to talk to the (cid:862)perso(cid:374) i(cid:374) (cid:272)harge(cid:863), i will be facing a person of my race. I can easily by posters, post-cards, picture books, greeting cards, dolls, toys a(cid:374)d (cid:272)hildre(cid:374)"s (cid:373)agazi(cid:374)es featuri(cid:374)g people of (cid:373)y ra(cid:272)e. I can be pretty sure that an argument with a colleague of another race if more likely to jeopardize her/his chances for advancements than to jeopardize mine. Africa seen as the dark continent and opposite of everything. Racist ideology used to dehumanize african slaves and justify their enslavement.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers