PSYC 101 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Betty White, Ames Room, Retina

26 views6 pages

Document Summary

Instinct: motivation that is innate, general component of motivation, instinctual motivators. When born, particular needs to be met - cry. Arousal: maximize [sexual] performance, get better at something. Drive-reduction: make sure that the bodies basic needs are satis ed, psychosocial theories of motivation (2) Pull of whatever trying to achieve in the end. Maslow"s hierarchy of needs 7 basic needs for life. The psychosocial theory of motivation motivates me the most because i see my life through incentives: need for success is something that we will achieve based on how we use the different theories of motivation, emotion. Vibe: [complex] ways that we deal/react to factors/circumstances, state of mind, two emotions for men, too many for women. Women - every emotion depending on time. 4 major theories of emotion: james lang theory. States that feelings are interpreted from physiological arousal and behavioral expressions: smiling, racing heartbeat, event occurs, followed by arousal, followed by interpretation, followed by emotion, cannon bard theory.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers