Biology
Course
BIO-0007
Professor
Nicholas Colvard
Semester
Fall

Description
th September 7 Environmental Biology Lecture 2 Notes Society and the Environment Easter Island  2 theories for its peoples' demise o Theory 1: People caused their own demise with deforestation o Theory 2: Europeans caused the demise with the introduction of rats that fed on the natural fruit of the island's trees, leading to deforestation  Most isolated land to be inhabited o "Discovered" on Easter 1722 Polynesian Rat  Why was it successful? o No predators o Invasive species Principles of Sustainability 1.Sustainable society doesn't use resources/ produce waste faster than they're being produced by the environment 2.Decisions promoting sustainability are made in the context of knowing that society is part of a larger environment/world 3.First two principles must be meshed w/ principles already governing international relations & relationships between genders/generations a. I.e. International environmental law 2.There must be social incentives for acting sustainable & punishments for not doing so a. I.e. Electrical vehicle parkin
More Less

Related notes for BIO-0007

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit