Biology
Course
BIO-0013
Professor
Michelle Gaudette
Semester
Fall

Description
October 30, 2013 Special Topics in Genetics Recessive lethal alleles: • Gives you a 2:1 ratio • In mouse fur color, Y acts as a dominant allele for fur color, but a recessive allele for  death o YY = death o Yy = yellow (2/3 of surviving progeny) o yy = white (1/3 of surviving progeny) Human ABO blood type is an example of both multiple and codominant alleles A B • 3 allelesA I , B , i  o I  and I  are codominant o i is recessive to I  and I  • Human blood types are determined by glycoproteins o The alleles code for enzymes that add sugars to glycoproteins on red blood cells Gene interactions – two genes interact to control one trait • In pepper color, there are two genes: o Y__C__  ▯red (9) o Y__cc  ▯peach (3) o yyC__  ▯orange (3) o yycc  ▯cream (1) Incomplete dominance:  • In 4 o’clock flowers, purple x white gives you lavender; lavender x lavender gives you  purple, lavender, and white (1:2:1 ratio) • This blending of traits is often seen when pigment is involved Quantitative traits: • Traits determined by the interact
More Less

Related notes for BIO-0013

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit