APR 280 Lecture Notes - Lecture 6: Institutional Review Board, Nonprobability Sampling, Primum Non Nocere
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
Test Review Class
● What is the basic research procedure?
○ Problem discovery,
● Research ethics:
○ What does autonomy mean?
■ The participant can come and go as they freely choose
○ Institutional Review Board
○ Informed consent
○ Private vs. public research
○ Independdent vs. dpendent variable
○ Quantitative vs. qualitative
○ Conceptual vs. operational definition
○ Research question vs. hypothesis
○ Population vs. sample
■ Population is a group of people or things
■ Probability sampling
■ Nonprobability sampling
■ Validity vs. reliability
○ What does SWOT stand for
○ What does 5C stand for
○ Can you give a situation analysis based on SWOT or 5C?
● Secondary Research?
○ What is secondary research?
○ What is syndicated research?
○ Where do secondary data come from?
○ In what situation do we use secondary and syndicated research?
● Focus Groups
○ What is the basic procedure of a focus group?
○ What do you need to do before, during and after a focus group?
○ Roles: moderator, not-taker, transcriber, data analyst
○ What is a moderator’s job?
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version