GY 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Punctuated Equilibrium, Phanerozoic, Fokker E.Ii

56 views9 pages
24 Sep 2016
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

9/01: earth"s dynamic systems, two types **know for test a. i. Ex weather systems, ocean currents, weathering, etc a. iii. Humans live on the surface of the earth on the intersection of endogenic and exogenic systems: minerals and rocks, what is a mineral? a. i. 5 requirements to be a mineral a. ii. 1. a. ii. 2. a. ii. 3. a. ii. 4. a. ii. 5. Specific composition: what is a rock? b. i. 4 classes of rock (named for process they are made by) b. ii. 1. b. ii. 2. b. ii. 3. b. ii. 4. Shows the process of the creation, transport, and dropping of sediment that creates sedimentary rock b. iii. 2. a. b. iii. 2. b. Glaciers carry the biggest variety of sediment types b. iii. 2. b. i. Impact shatter - when rocks chip off the mountain and break other rocks at the bottom b. iii. 2. c. ii. Have angular appearances due to impact shatter b. iii. 2. d. Made of silica oxide (most resistant/ hard part of rock) b. iii. 2. e. Find lots of pebbles and cobbles/ rocks with rounded edges because the rocks rub against each other b. iii. 2. e. i. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers