BIO 201 Lecture Notes - Lecture 14: Autocrine Signalling, Fetus, Juxtacrine Signalling

33 views3 pages

Document Summary

Cell signaling is the process of transducing information from the outside to a cellular response inside: there are many different mechanisms by which the body does this. Cells must be able to respond to signals from both outside and inside the organism, and their response should benefit the organism or the population: example dictyostelium. The signal itself (a. k. a. ligand) is produced by a sender and received by a recipient . Signaling modes are defined by the distance between the sender and recipient . With the exception of responses to the external environment (i. e. cold, taste, etc. ) it almost always involves a secreted molecule: these secreted molecules are almost always secreted through regulated secretion a. i. There are four important modes of cell signaling: autocrine a. i. Sender and recipient are the same cell or group of cells a. ii. The sender cell secreting a signaling molecule that binds back to a receptor on the surface of the same cell a. iii. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers