PSY 322 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Water–Electrolyte Imbalance, Dsm-5, Substance Abuse

103 views4 pages

Document Summary

Feeding and eating disorders: pica eating non-food items, ex. Eating cubes (viewing it as food: rumination disorder throw up food in mouth and then eat it again, the way a cow eats, avoidant/restrictive food intake disorder, anorexia nervosa (an, bulimia nervosa (bn, binge eating disorder (bed) I(cid:374)te(cid:374)se fear of gai(cid:374)i(cid:374)g weight or (cid:271)e(cid:272)o(cid:373)i(cid:374)g (cid:862)fat(cid:863), (cid:272)oupled with refusal to (cid:373)ai(cid:374)tai(cid:374) adequate nutrition and with severe loss of body weight. Refusal to maintain body weight at or above a minimally normal weight for age and height less than 85% of expected weight (bmi < 17. 5) failure to gain weight at appropriate developmental points. Intense fear of becoming fat despite being underweight. Disturbance in perception of body weight, undue influence on body weight or shape on self-evaluation or denial of the seriousness of the current body weight: two types of an. Binge on small amounts of food and then purge more consistently than in bulimia (after every meal)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers