March 26.docx

2 Pages

Department
Agricultural and Resource Economics
Course Code
AREC 200
Professor
Lynch

This preview shows 80% of the first page. Sign up to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Description
March 26 th ­Agriculture is non­point, so its hard to regulate.  ­Its also a huge industry too! ­Agriculture has an 8.2 billion dollar impact on the economy.  ­3 billion of it is value added, like if everything just stopped, the economy would be 3 bil less.  ­22,000 jobs ­indirect and induced impacts added another 2.03 bil The Sectors: ­support activities ­production  ­processing packaging ­distribution Induced, Indirect, Direct Economic impacts from Agriculture: Direct Impact­selling your chickens for money has an effect on the economy Induced Impact­workers take their paychecks and spend money. My chickens has induced  demand Indirect Impact­ my chickens need to eat, so I have to buy grain from a farmer. I pay farmer  money for his grain. I have an indirect impact on the farmer ­animal agriculture makes up 50.4% of the industry and crops are the other part 1 ­processing is also a huge part of the industry 58%   2.73 bil ­production is 42% 1.975 bil ­Agriculture employs 30k jobs directly, then stimulates 17k.  ­poultry is the most profitable
More Less
Unlock Document

Only 80% of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit