BSCI 223 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Gram-Negative Bacteria, Microorganism, Microbiological Culture

874 views2 pages

Document Summary

By taking the mixed culture, streak plating it with a loop, leaving it overnight in an environment with a desired growth temperature for bacteria, one will find different colonies that formed on the media. Differentiate between the different clonal populations and streak each one on different plates. My results are more informative because, unlike my boss, i isolated my mixed sample into pure cultures. Of course he would get confusing results because he tested a sample with different cultures with different characteristics. My results indicated that the microbe is prokaryotic based on its 70s ribosomes, circular instead of linear dna, etc. The bacteria is gram-negative because of its lack of leipoteichoic acid (lta) and presence of lps. My boss made the mistake of regretting to test a pure culture. His results are a mix of several cultures. Come up with at least 2 possible alternative explanations for the amazing redistribution of the.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers