BMGT 402 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Logical Data Model, Database Design, Data Integrity

88 views6 pages

Document Summary

Bmgt402 lecture 17 - chapter 10: system development lifecycle. Major aims of database application: mission objectives b. i. Each identifies a particular task that database must support: define standards that govern c. i. How design and implementation should proceed: system definition, describes scope and boundaries of database system and major users views, define user views from perspective: b. i. Not to forget major database users and their requirements b. iv. To break down requirements into smaller pieces: requirements collection and analysis, process of collecting and analyzing information about the part of the organization that is to be supported by the database system a. i. Also used for database planning and system definition b. How data is to be used or generated? b. iii. What additional requirements for the new database system: analyze information and identify requirements c. i. The cost of mission requirements can be huge: managing requirements of a database system with multiple user views, centralized approach a. i.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers