HLTH 366 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Harm Reduction, Health Promotion

65 views4 pages

Document Summary

Maintain (no new issues arise)-support i. supportive care ii. surveillance iii. social support iv. adherence support. Improvement (get back to former or improved state)-rehabilitation. Reduce risk factors (lower negative behaviors, risk behaviors)-change. Stop (aka primary prevention: four approaches to tertiary prevention. health within illness i. interventions: maximize health and quality of life, focus on helping people choose behaviors to enhance quality of life, (cid:862) u(cid:271)je(cid:272)ti(cid:448)e state of good health is possi(cid:271)le(cid:863) . health oriented and disease management i. interventions: control disease and symptoms. Increase patient involvement in medical treatment: primary goal: influence outcome and cost of chronic illness. Improve protective factors: primary goal: reduce external barriers to health promotion and self management. Quality of life improvement: quality of life & country differences. Quality of life index (cid:862) u(cid:271)je(cid:272)ti(cid:448)e e(cid:448)aluatio(cid:374) of life as a (cid:449)hole(cid:863: quality of life (qol) . subjective: no real objective standards i. personal: no same evaluations ii. multidimensional: has to encompass at least two life domains. function i. medical care ii. level of disability iii. disease state: health related qol.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers