KNES 260 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Osteoarthritis, Postprandial, Glucose Tolerance Test

21 views9 pages

Document Summary

Goals of atp i and ii vs iii. Atp i primary prevention of chd in those with high ldl-c primary prevention of chd in those with borderline ldl-c and multiple risk factors. Same as atp i + intensive management of lcl-c in those with chd. Same as atp ii + more intensive ldl-c lowering therapy in those with multiple risk factors. Identify certain patients with multiple risk factors for more intensive treatment. More intense lifestyle intervention (therapeutic lifestyle changes = tlc) Increase emphasis on weight management and physical activity. Drug therapy dominant factor affecting costs cost effectiveness: one factor in the decision for drug therapy declining price of drugs: increases cost effectiveness. Ldl-lowering therapy in patients with chd/chd risk equivalents. Chd risk equivalents = diabetes, atherosclerosis, framingham 10 year risk. Aim: reduce risk for major coronary events and stroke. Consider starting ldl-lowering drugs simultaneously with lifestyle therapies. Ongoing clinical trials are assessing benefit of further ldl lowering.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers