KNES 350 Lecture Notes - Lecture 21: Magic Johnson, Mark Spitz, Association Football

70 views5 pages

Document Summary

1/3 of psychological literature is devoted to this companies hire people to give motivational talks: big entepreise because it is so important in everyday in life. More flies with honey than vinegar : get more out of people when using positive motives, than negative, but both work, want to be around people who support and motivate you. Younger kids need more motivation than older people: not only in sport, as people get better they don"t need as much motivation they see the results and that is a positive effect, they can handle criticism, but newbies cant. I stink, i can"t do this, i cant hold the ball let you actually do it: constructive, focuses on what should be done and what should not be done. Extrinsic motivation: outside, people/family/ friends/ trophies/ money. Professional athletes" playing life is about 3 (football) Nfl not for long: short time because bodies cant handle what they have to go through.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers