MIEH 400 Lecture 7: Out Door Air Pollution II

60 views2 pages

Document Summary

Cannot enforce guidelines like the epa or eu can. Extremely dangerous to health, even in short-term. Epa and other agencies have <1 hour of exposure limit. On-road vehicles, non-road equipment, etc: epa says all cars must meet certain mpg/emission standards. Technological control: mechanical devices are used to reduce industrial emissions of particulate matter: scrubbers, filters, electrostatic precipitators: Do not necessarily bear the largest burden. Oap (outdoor air pollution) directly tied to development (social, demographic, industrial, economics: power generation. Attributable deaths (directly linked to exposure) by region, 2012: africa, southeast asia, eastern mediterranean. International and legally binding pact initiated in kyoto, japan in 1997. Requires developed countries to reduce their emissions by targeted amounts: us: cut emissions by 7, european countries by 8% In order for the kyoto protocol to come into effect, it needed to be ratified by a sufficient (cid:374)u(cid:373)(cid:271)er of i(cid:374)dustrialized (cid:272)ou(cid:374)tries that i(cid:374) (cid:272)o(cid:373)(cid:271)i(cid:374)atio(cid:374) produ(cid:272)e at least 55% of the world"s total.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers