Premium

3 Pages

Department
Philosophy
Course Code
PHIL 100
Professor
danmoller

This preview shows page 1. Sign up to view the full 3 pages of the document.
• Caesars
. Leverage data to increase revenue and become large
. Caesars Total Rewards Loyalty Card System
- Card used all the time Slot machines, valet, restaurant
- Gathers demographic as well as transactional data
- Incentivized Gold, Diamond, Platinum
. Find out who spends most money and which customers are worth increased marketing
efforts
. What market tactics are appropriate for which customers
. Identify valuable customers and increase company revenue
• Google (and its digital properties)
. Google dominates Internet search volume and controls the lion’s share of the Internet
search advertising business and online advertising dollars. The firm also earns more total
advertising revenue than any other firm, online or off.
. Ranked search results are often referred to as organic or natural search results.
PageRank is Google’s algorithm for ranking search results. PageRank orders organic
search results based largely on the number of websites linking to them, and the “weight”
of each page as measured by its “influence.
. Google operates from a massive network of server farms containing hundreds of
thousands of servers built from standard, off-the-shelf parts. The cost of the operation is a
significant barrier to entry for competitors. Google’s share of search suggests the firm
realizes economies of scale over rivals required to make similar investments while
delivering fewer results (and hence ads).
. Google uses IP addresses to target ads.
. Geotargeting can also be enabled by the satellite-based global positioning system (GPS)
or based on estimating location from cell phone towers or Wi-Fi hotspots.
• Rent the Runway
. Rent the Runway is NOT a highlight of the sharing economy, enabling consumers to rent
designer dresses at a fraction of the cost. Rent the Runway is NOT the sharing economy --
Piety even said he made a mistake by making us think it was. The sharing economy is
largely P2P, but built on a platform. For instance, Uber provides a platform for P2P (Peer to
Peer) ride sharing -- that is the sharing economy. Sharing economies have the peers in the
P2P relationship owning the assets, not like rent the runway. The book quotes “Rent the
Runway is a highlight of the sharing economy” should we follow the book or what he said
in lecture. In my section he said it’s a sharing economy. So I am lost I heard this as well-
I’m banking on the fact that it IS sharing economy
In the review just now he said it is NOT so I would bank on that
(well he cannot wait until now to say something else... I will
email him to let him know that if we have a question about that
he should give us full credit Thanks for letting us know)
. Mobile is an always-on store that encourages users to browse and engage with the
site.

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
Caesars . Leverage data to increase revenue and become large . Caesars Total Rewards Loyalty Card System Card used all the time Slot machines, valet, restaurant Gathers demographic as well as transactional data Incentivized Gold, Diamond, Platinum . Find out who spends most money and which customers are worth increased marketing efforts . What market tactics are appropriate for which customers . Identify valuable customers and increase company revenue Google (and its digital properties) .Google dominates Internet search volume and controls the lions share of the Internet search advertising business and online advertising dollars. The firm also earns more total advertising revenue than any other firm, online or off. .Ranked search results are often referred to as organic or natural search results. PageRank is Googles algorithm for ranking search results. PageRank orders organic search results based largely on the number of websites linking to them, and the weight of each page as measured by its influence. .Google operates from a massive network of server farms containing hundreds of thousands of servers built from standard, off theshelf parts. The cost of the operation is a significant barrier to entry for competitors. Googles share of search suggests the firm realizes economies of scale over rivals required to make similar investments while delivering fewer results (and hence ads). .Google uses IP addresses to target ads. .Geotargeting can also be e nabled by the satellite based global positioning system (GPS) or based on estimating location from cell phone towers or Wi Fi hotspots. Rent the Runway .Rent the Runway is NOT a highlight of the sharing economy, enabling consumers to rent designer dresses at a fraction of the cost. Rent the Runway is NOT the sharing economy Piety even said he made a mistake by making us think it was. The sharing economy is largely P2P, but built on a platform. For instance, Uber provides a platform for P2P (Peer to Peer) ride sharing that is the sharing economy. Sharing economies have the peers in the P2P relationship owning the assets, not like rent the runway. The book quotes Rent the Runway is a highlight of the sharing economy should we follow the book or wha t he said in lecture. In my section he said its a sharing economy. So I am lost I heard this as well Im banking on the fact that it IS sharing economy In the review just now he said it is NOT so I would bank on that (well he cannot wait until now to say something else... I will email him to let him know that if we have a question about that he should give us full credit Thanks for letting us know) . Mobile is an alwayson store that encourages users to browse and engage with the site.
More Less
Unlock Document

Only page 1 are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit