PSYC 361 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Industrial And Organizational Psychology, Performance Appraisal, Psychology Today

53 views3 pages

Document Summary

I/o psychology application of psychological principles, theory, and research to the workplace. Industrial psychology (personnel psychology) technical, concrete topics concerned with how to acquire, improve, and maximize worker output to increase job performance: ex. Organizational psychology relational topics concerned with worker attitudes to improve individuals" experiences and quality of life: ex. I/o psychology today recognizes that these two areas often overlap and influence one another: it simultaneously considers all topics relevant to individuals and where they work. Becoming an i/o psychologist: scientist/practitioner model approach to education that focuses on both theory and application. Generating knowledge (scientist) and consuming/applying that knowledge (practitioner: graduate school. Master"s degree (2+ years) less emphasis on research. Doctoral degree (5-6+ years) research based: society for industrial and organizational psychology (siop) professional association for i/o psychology. Competencies skills, behaviors, and capabilities that allow employees to perform specific functions: most i/o psychologists follow careers that emphasize science/research or practice.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers