THE SOCHE BUFF'S GAZETTE
Professors Noh et al. _________ 2¢
HUNTING AND GATHERING SOCIETY
What were the main features of hunting gathering societies?
1. Limited Subsistence Technology
2. Low Productivity
3. Limited Food Supply
4. Small Population
5. Few Possessions
7. Limited Division of Labor
8. Single Village
9. Kin Based Social Organization
10. Minimal Inequality
11. Very Little Social Change
12. Conservative Ideology
13. Limited contact with other societies
How does hunting and gathering society compare to Inuit society?
1. Specialized to Unique Biophysical Environment.
2. No gathering: More fishing
3. Gender Inequality
Why were hunter gathers nomadic?
1. Mode of Production
a. Subsistence Technology
2. Biophysical Environment
b. Depleted Resources
c. Change of seasons
I’d Rather Be Studying__________________
Very few remain: Only occupy land no one else wants
• Rain forests of Africa and South America
• Arctic tundra
• Australian desert