THE SOCHE BUFF'S GAZETTE
Professors Noh et al. 2¢
What was the first great revolution in human history?
• Changed nearly all main features of society
• Created new forms of social organization
• Beginning of a 10,000 year trend
What were some of the main consequences of plant cultivation?
• Food production
• Economic surplus
• Trade and commerce
• Population size and density
• Multiple communities
• Permanent settlements
• Urban centers
• Social stratification
Why was there so much warfare in advanced horticultural societies?
1. Boundary Maintenance
2. Population Pressure
- Followed invention of the kiln
- Made war profitable alternative to production
5. Economic Surplus - Greed
What were some of the main consequences of warfare?
1. Rise of Political System
[email protected] 10/31/2013 2. Rise of Military
3. Cult of Warrior
4. Walled Urban Centers
I'd Rather Be Studying_________________
What were the main features of social inequality in advanced horticultural societies?
2. Hereditary Inequality
4. Gender Inequality
5. Political In