PSY 240 Lecture Notes - Lecture 27: Histrionic Personality Disorder, Narcissistic Personality Disorder, Dependent Personality Disorder

36 views3 pages
15 Sep 2018
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Antisocial personality disorder/psychopathy- pervasive pattern of disregard for. Borderline personality disorder- pervasive pattern of instability of interpersonal relationships, self-image, affects, & control over impulses. Histrionic personality disorder- pervasive pattern of excessive emotion & attention seeking: people are there to serve or admire me, slightly more common in women, chronic. Narcissistic personality disorder- pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, & lack of empathy: since i am special, i deserve special rules, slightly more common among men, may improve over time. Avoidant personality disorder- pervasive pattern of social inhibition, feelings of inadequacy, & hypersensitivity to negative evaluation. If people knew the (cid:498)real(cid:499) me, they would reject me: slightly more common among women. Dependent personality disorder- pervasive and excessive need to be taken care of, which leads to submissive & clinging behavior and fears of separation. I need people to survive & be happy: much more common among women.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers