PSIO 201 Lecture Notes - Lecture 4: Exocytosis, Photon, Endolymph

79 views34 pages

Document Summary

What are the two major cell types within the nervous system and their basic functions: nerve cells/neurons a. i. Process information, sense environmental and internal changes, communicate changes to other neurons, and command body responses a. ii. The signal goes from the different parts of the body to the brain and spinal cord through cranial and spinal neurons a. iii. The signal goes from the brain to muscles or glands: glial cells b. i. Cells that fill the gaps between neurons, aid neural communication through insulation, and help in the care and upkeep of the nerves, through support and nourishment. List the four major structures of the brain: cerebrum a. i. Right-- music, face recognition, visual imagery, and spatial abilities a. i. 2. Frontal reasoning, future planning, parte of speech and movement, emotion, and problem solving big in personality a. ii. 2. Parietal perception of stimuli related to touch, pressure, temperature, and pain. Senses touch and fine tunes motor movement based on the stimulus a. ii. 3.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers