ARH 156 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Filippo Lippi, Piero Della Francesca, Antonio Del Pollaiolo

36 views6 pages
7 Apr 2017
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

The renaissance in quattrocento italy: medici of florence a. i. Helped to pay for a lot of people to go to art school a. iii. Based on a poem of the greek mythology a. iii. 1. a. ii. Not controversial during these times: renaissance humanism b. i. Italy faced constant fluctuations in politics and economics. b. ii. b. iii. Florence became an area where good artists arose. Italy consisted of a lot of city-states, very different from modern day italy b. iii. 1. Pazzi and medici families: giangaleazzo visconti c. i. First duke of milan c. i. 1. c. i. 2: sacrifice of isaac. Florence decided to not back down and take a stand d. i. In the baptistery, there is a bronze depiction of isaac being sacrificed d. i. 1. From the genesis: brunelleschi and ghiberti e. i. His depiction contained a lot of emotional agitation e. i. 2. Emphasized grace and smoothness: or san michele f. i. Statues placed on the exterior of the building f. ii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers