Document Summary

The study of behavior due to the biology (bumps) on the head. Most bumps were determined solely from a few anecdotes. Conditions: abstract mental qualities are associated with the development of (cid:862)o(cid:396)ga(cid:374)s(cid:863) i(cid:374) brain certain emotions/ behavior stems from certain places, overdevelopment of organs produces bump, personality can be assessed by analyzing configuration of bumps. Linked each of these two personalities to specific brain regions. Stability over time within individuals: lots of consistency of introversion/extroversion over time, the (cid:272)o(cid:374)sta(cid:374)t i(cid:374) o(cid:374)e"s life is the (cid:271)(cid:396)ai(cid:374)/ (cid:271)od(cid:455), the(cid:396)efo(cid:396)e the (cid:271)(cid:396)ai(cid:374) (cid:271)ei(cid:374)g the controller of personality makes sense. Same pattern different cultures: always find the same big two. Genetics influence levels of basic traits: there is a certain heritability in these traits. I-e: ascending reticular activating system (aras: a network of nerves that go from the spinal cord to the thalmus. Is a primitive part of the brain: regulates general arousal. The minimum baseline is higher for extroverts low level = drowsy.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers