PSYCH 202 Lecture Notes - Lecture 33: Mesolimbic Pathway, Nucleus Accumbens, Netflix

32 views2 pages

Document Summary

Opiates modulates dopamine activity (significantly increased dopamine neuron activity) The removal (down-regulation) of receptors from a post-synaptic cell can produce tolerance. Dopamine in the mesolimbic pathway is sent from the vta to the nucleus accumbens. Motivation of specific behaviors: how do i get more motivation to do x? (x - new desired habit, how do i reduce my motivation to do y? (y - existing habit) One way to define which behaviors you"d like to start/increase or stop/decrease is in terms of your goals. Increase: studying, eating breakfast (or at a timely manner overall, decrease, netflix and youtube. With repeated practice (cid:894)over and over and over (cid:895), actions -> habits. Actions: purposeful (goal-directed, associative structure: r - o. Habits: not purposeful (goal-independent, associated structure: s - r. If only long-term, make some short-term rewards. (long-term rewards are fairly useless in motivating behavior) reward occurs immediately after behavior.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers