PSYCH 499 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: American Psychological Association, Scientific Method, Social Influence

16 views4 pages
9 Apr 2015
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Numerous functions of the apa (e. g. , seminars, journals, code of ethics) Two sides of i/o psychology: science & practice. I/o defined as area of scientific study and professional practice that addresses psychological concepts and principles in the work world. I/o psychology has to part training, evaluation: i=industrial meaning dealing with personnel: selection, placement, o= organizational meaning dealing with the running of an organization: culture (personality), job satisfaction, motivating workers, organizational health and employee health, etc. etc. Walter dill scott (increasing social influence and efficiency) Frederick w. taylor (redesign of work situations; the principles of. Lillian mohler gilbreth (effects of stress and fatigue) and frank gilbreth (industrial time management). Lillian wrote a book called cheaper by the. Hugo m nsterberg (applied scientific method to practical problems: father of i/o psychology) Army alpha and beta tests to screen recruits. The history of i/o psychology: the depression era: hawthorne-western electric studies/harvard university joint venture studied factory workers emotions at hawthorne, illinois plant of.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers