ASA 3 Lecture Notes - Lecture 15: Posttraumatic Stress Disorder, Asian Americans, Culture Shock

65 views6 pages
18 Jan 2018
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Where were you born? you speak good english asking to teach words in native language: message: you are a foreigner, not an american, 2. Ascription of intelligence: microaggresions: you are so articulate asking an asian to help with math or science, message: poc not as intelligent as whites, 3. Color blindness: i don"t see color we"re all human , 4. Denial of individual racism, :im not racist, i have black friend as i women i know what you"re going through racist, i"m like you: your racial oppression is no different than gender oppressions. Second class citizen-occurs when white person given preferential treatment over poc: you people :poc mistaken for service worker, message: poc are servants to whites, can"t possibly occupy high status positions, 8. Environment microaggressions: college with buildings all named after white heterosexual upper class males/tv shows and movies feature white programs w/o representation of. Poc: message: you are an outside/you don"t exist, you don"t belong/you won"t succeed here.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers