HDE 102 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Meta-Analysis, Sequela, Differential Susceptibility Hypothesis

25 views7 pages

Document Summary

Social and personal attachment: attachment affectional tie (emotional connection) binding individuals across (and enduring through) space and time, why attachment: freud, harlow, bowlby. Those who survived and reproduced passed on those genes to live and thrive. Imprinting the idea that organisms need direct contact of baby to mother once born to make a strong connection: this has been disproved; dogs, goats, and other animals need imprinting, but not humans, development of attachment: 3 months: smiling (undifferentiated smiling at most things) 6-7 months: stranger wariness: babies are more discriminating in their identification of people (will smile less at strangers, wariness is an aspect of negative emotionality. Secure base: good relations, able to move away to explore: need caregiver to watch over me, help me, enjoy with me. Safe haven: good relations, able to come back to: need caregiver to comfort me, protect me, delight in me, organize my feelings.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers