PSC 131 Lecture Notes - Lecture 11: Motion Aftereffect, Illusory Motion, Receptive Field

119 views5 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

I. lecture 11 motion (may 15, 2017) First order motion: local changes in contrast b. The image is like throbbing; it doesn"t look completely still. This image is actually completely static c. d. Apparent motion the (illusory) impression of smooth motion resulting from the rapid alternation of objects appearing in different locations in rapid succession a. Ex: television, movies, and cartoons; marquee lights; flip books. Spiral demo: staring at the spiral, the spiral was spinning away a. b. What did you see after the spiral stopped? i. How would you build a motion detector? a. Motion is a change in position over time b. How would you build a motion detector based on changes in the position of an object over time? a. Each responds to the presence of an object in a particular position b. Need to communicate the difference in timing of each response i. ii. Allowing the cell to detect the coincidence of movement iii.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers