Department
Course
cherryberry1035 and 38883 others unlocked
PSC 41 Full Course Notes
PSC 41 Full Course Notes
Verified Note
20 documents

Document Summary

How are you persuaded: humans are constantly gathering and organizing information about the world, we generate theories about how the world works, science refines this nature tendency. Intuitive knowledge: (ie: falling in love) first two aren"t used in the sciences much: i feel that it is so . Authority (ie: speed limit: a respected source says that it is so . Empiricism: learning information through your senses (observing information, recording data, smelling/hearing: i"ll believe it when i see it . Rationalism: acquiring knowledge through reasoning, logic: logical reasoning, deduction. Scientific knowledge: combination between empiricism and rationalism: it describes relationships between variables, theory-data cycle. You start with theory of how the way the world works > allows us to generate hypothesis > gather data/information > bring that information back into our theory (so we revise or support theory) Ie: wonder if sophomores do better than freshmen (that"s a claim we will look into to)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers