WMS 50 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Animal Testing, Commodification, Long Hair

47 views5 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Gender and embodiment: upper class women, have to maintain appearance/body more than working class women may have to. In us i: )hite/light colored women iii. iv. v. vi. Makeover t( shows/movies i: maga ines, represented through media, maga ines, models, mannequins i. ii. iii. iv. v. Ableist: objectification, attitudes and behaviors by which complex persons are reduced to (cid:873)things(cid:874) or simply parts i. ii. Sexual overtones/hypersexuality: commodification, the process of turning people, cultural objects/practices, etc. into commodities for sale and consumption i. ii. Cultural objects lifted from original contexts and are turned into commodities. A disproportionate number of health conditions and deaths compared with the general population: elements of your social location impacts your health care, how does somebody"s cultural background influence the way they access health. Sometimes medicine/the way we practice medicine doesn"t make room for people that don"t want animal testing, etc. care? i: things that can cause health disparities.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers