WMS 50 Lecture Notes - Lecture 17: Standardized Test, Quinoa, Cultural Relativism

69 views4 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Transnational considerations: more concepts, transnationalism - relationships, organi ations, or movements that connect. Easier for money to travel than people to travel: neoliberalism - calls for the freedom of business to operate with minimal interference from governments, international organi ations, or labour unions. More strident regulations of people: asylum seekers/refugees, contract migrant workers, diplomats and consular personnel, domestic employees, foreign retirees (cid:840)as settlers(cid:841) Foreign students f: foreign tourists, foreigners admitted for family formation or reunification i. Internally displaced persons i: military personnel, stateless persons. Trafficked persons l: the consumption flows of globali ation. Ex. clothes, food, drugs: goods/products i. b. Information/communication: culture/people i. ii. i. ii. iii. Corporations - mcdonalds: )ho controls/benefits from these flows? i. Goods: )to/imf sell it domestically since there is such high demand in the us, quinoa prices has been raised in peru - farmers cannot afford to, contributing to food scarcity, existed after ))ii. 2: however, imf makes the countries adhere to structural adjustment.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers