PHILOS 2 Lecture Notes - Lecture 1: Naive Set Theory, Monty Hall Problem, When I Walk

77 views10 pages
11 Sep 2017
School
Department
Course

Document Summary

Philosophy 2 notes the puzzles and paradoxes second half. # 15 can one ship be made into two identical ships? (chapter 10: replacing planks on a ship over time, consider it the same ship after took off the fi(cid:396)st pla(cid:374)ks, the se(cid:272)o(cid:374)d pla(cid:374)ks . Put the pla(cid:374)ks o(cid:374) the side. until no original planks/wood on the ship. I have an original ship (ship of (cid:862)theseus(cid:863)) with all new planks, and i used the old planks from the original ship to build another ship, with the exactly same materials (ship of (cid:862)pegasus(cid:863)). What about the other one: world is constructed by concept, people use different languages think differently. Words are differentiated differently and represent things differently. Name of an object, the social recognition, or : metaphysical issue. #16 is identity relative? (chapter 10: one way to address the problem of identity through changes: we use relative identity instead of absolute identity.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers