PUBHLTH 2 Lecture Notes - Lecture 42: Dengue Fever, Prescription Drug
Course CodePUBHLTH 2
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 2 pages of the document.
Public Health 2
○ People can reduce their risk of dengue or other mosquito-borne illnesses by using
bug spray, wearing long sleeves and pants and staying in places that have secure
window screens and air conditioning, according to the CDC.
○ Dengue does not have any clear vaccinations created for human use just animal
○ Smoke shops selling tax free cigarettes are against the law.
○ Some researchers suggest that there may be subtle differences in the way that
members of different racial and ethnic groups respond to treatment, particularly
with regard to some pharmaceutical interventions, suggesting that variations in
some forms of treatment may be justified on the basis of patient race or ethnicity.
○ Rhode Island justify the individuals with offense in how smoke shops sell untaxed
cigarettes which is justified in the law.
○ Survey research suggests that among white Americans, prejudicial attitudes
toward minorities remain more common than not, as over half to three- quarters
believe that relative to whites, minorities – particularly African Americans – are
less intelligent, more prone to violence, and prefer to live off of welfare.
○ Doctors must depend on inferences about severity based on what they can see
about the illness and on what else they observe about the patient (e.g., race).
Complete the following:
● National research on young Latinos indicate that Latino Youth are engaged in behaviors
and situations that put them at _________ for mental health difficulties.
○ An increase
● What is one of the main concerns of requiring the HPV vaccination for 6th grade girls?
○ Administering the vaccination could possibly initiate the conversation or idea of
sexual activity to young girls, which goes against many parents beliefs
● Only _____ of women are aware that heart disease is the #1 killer in women in the US.
● According to the WHO, there are about ________ cases of Yellow Fever each year.
● Which of the following is one of the main barriers to reducing the incidence of obesity in
the US as suggested by the STOP Obesity Alliance?
○ There is a stigma of obesity, which discourages those with weight problems from
seeking medical intervention
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version