BSC 1005 Lecture 12: Unit 4 Lesson 2

37 views6 pages
16 Mar 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Oxygen and hydrogen: ions are formed from the splitting of water, the oxygen molecules produced as byproducts exit out the stomata to the surrounding environment. As the electron passes along these proteins, energy from the: electron fuels membrane pumps that actively move hydrogen ions against their concentration gradient. Photosystem i, accepts electrons from photosystem ii after the energy is used. From photosystem ii, the electron travels along a series of proteins. This electron transport system uses the energy from the electron to pump hydrogen ions into the interior of the thylakoid. A pigment molecule in photosystem i accepts the electron. As the electron from the electron transport chain arrives at photosystem i, it is re-energized with another photon captured by chlorophyll. The energy from this electron drives the formation of nadph from nadp+ and a hydrogen ion (h+). Now that the solar energy is stored in energy carriers (atp and nadph), it can be used to make a sugar molecule.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers