PCB 3063 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Genetic Linkage, Meiosis, Chromosome

22 views5 pages
30 Mar 2017
School
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Genetics exam 2 outline: chapter 5: other effects on phenotypes, types of dominance a. i. Complete dominance: phenotype of the heterozygotes is the same as one of the homozygotes. Incomplete dominance: heterozygote has a phenotype in between the two alleles. Codominance: heterozygote phenotype has both dominant and recessive phenotype. Example: blood types: key terms about dominance b. i. b. ii. b. iii. Penetrance: % of individuals that express the expected phenotype. Expressivity: degree to which the phenotype is expressed. When a certain genotype kills the offspring b. iiia. b. iiib. Multiple alleles: more than 2 alleles determine trait. Example : blood groups (a,b,o: epistasis: when a certain genotype masks the phenotype of another gene c. i. Presence of ee genotype masks color phenotype in labs. B_ee is always yellow regardless of b genotype. Bombay phenotype means a person has recessive hh genotype that masks blood type (abhh) c. ia. Person has a and b alleles but neither are represented phenotypically c. ib.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers