A&O SCI 1 Lecture Notes - Lecture 10: Climate Change Adaptation, Radiative Forcing, Black Carbon

15 views4 pages

Document Summary

Lecture 10: the ipcc and observed climate change. The intergovernmental panel on climate change (ipcc) was established in 1988 by the united nations. It is a scientific body tasked to evaluate the risk of climate change caused by human activity. The ipcc does not carry out research nor does it monitor climate or related phenomena. The ipcc publishes special assessments of the state of knowledge of climate change every five to six years. Ipcc bases its assessment on peer reviewed and published scientific literature. There are 3 working groups in the ipcc. Working group i is concerned exclusively with the science of climate change and is composed of natural scientists. Group ii is focused on climate change adaptation i. e. efforts to help plants, animals. It is composed of natural and social scientists. Group iii is concerned with mitigation of climate change i. e. efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. It is composed of social scientists, economists, technologists, and engineers.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers