COMM ST 10 Lecture Notes - Lecture 2: Web Conferencing, Communication Problems, Facetime

30 views4 pages

Document Summary

Person who wants to get an idea communicated. Takes idea and puts into a form for someone to understand. Taking out of form and into an idea. Message: code, structure, meaningful system of symbols, ex. Morris code, english language, facial expressions, emotions, dressing, colors, traffic lights: content, beginning end of message, basically what"s being communicated, treatment, how do you convey/say/treat message, saying i love you to different people, family vs. boyfriend. Clash between what you say and how you say it. Non-verbal can show the truth better, harder to lie that way. Grandma gives ugly sweater, have to say thank you, but may look like you hate the sweater by your face. Message from source receiver without any distortion. Interfere with the fidelity or message going through. Internal noise: inside things going on, ex. Fighting with bf last night, still going through my mind, can"t think or focus in class: happened beforehand but carrying it on/with me.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers