MCD BIO 60 Lecture Notes - Lecture 99: Standard Deviation, Moral Responsibility, Counterargument

28 views24 pages

Document Summary

Yet according to cultural relativism, it is permissible because the culture says it is permissible. This is contradictory: thus, the truth or falsity of a moral claim cannot rely on the culture. Two mutually exclusive things that conflict with each other cannot both be true at the same time. b. I cannot believe that both asian oils and western medicine will cure me. Asian oils will cure me or that only western medicine. Right is based on the cultures and nothing else: the truth or falsity of a moral claim cannot rely on or be relative to a person"s culture. It can only be said that a change has occurred: because there is no way to tell whether a culture has progressed, cultural relativism cannot be held up. The more positive the utils, the more happiness/pleasure there is. The more negative the utils, the more pain/suffering there is: the aggregate consists of all those who are affected by the action.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers