• Takes time.
• Planning can relieve stress but can also lead to stress.
• Planning must consider
o Physical surrounding
▪ Location, lighting, cleanliness, sound
o Social surroundings
▪ Other people, relationships
▪ Time of day, month, year
▪ Reason the person is there or what needs to be done
• Independent Activities
o Doing one activity at a time
• Dovetailing or Multi-tasking
o Overlapping activities rating to each deliverable
o Women are better than men
o Too much multitasking can lead to
▪ Often lead to lapse in attentiveness
▪ Loss of concentration
▪ Gaps in short term memory
▪ Stress symptoms
Rules of Planning
• Make the plan workable
• Be realistic
• Have a contingency plan
• Delegate when necessary
Implementing & Evaluating
• Actuating refers to putting plans into effect, action or motion.
• Actuate in stages or phases.
• Get positive and negative feedback to help in the evaluation process.
• Continually check and adjust the plan as needed.
• Evaluate on the success, failures, suggestions and concerns of the plan.
Human Ecology & Ecosystems Theory
• Human ecology is people interacting with the environment
o Micro system
o Exo system o Macro system
o Chrono system
• Bronfenbrenner Ecological Systems Theory
• Family Ecosystems…
o The interaction of families with its environment
• Global Ecosystems...
o The interaction of the family within the global environment
• Based on eight gu