• Science is…
• Scientific Reasoning
• Deduction and induction are opposite and mutually beneficial directions of thinking.
◦ Deduction - reasoning from general to specific. Breaking whole into parts.
◦ Induction - reasoning from specific to general. Creating whole from parts.
◦ Move —> push, pull, twist, lift
◦ Push, pull, twist, lift, move —>
• Forward and inverse thinking are opposite and mutually beneficial directions of thinking
◦ Forward - given this, what will happen?
◦ Inverse - given this, what happened?
• Understanding how the Earth works enriches everyday life, especially one’s sense of
Which of the following currents directly influences the climate of Europe?
• The Kuroshio Current
• The Gulf Stream/North Atlantic Current
• The West Wind Drift (makes its way around entire globe via Antarctica)
Which of the following is the most recent, current Epoch?
• Quaternary (current period)
Which of following faults is associated with compression?
• Normal (tension - hanging wall