MCB 2000 Lecture 20: PFK-1

2 Pages

Department
Molecular and Cell Biology
Course Code
MCB 2000
Professor
Bruno

This preview shows 80% of the first page. Sign up to view the full 2 pages of the document.

Loved by over 2.2 million students

Over 90% improved by at least one letter grade.

Leah — University of Toronto

OneClass has been such a huge help in my studies at UofT especially since I am a transfer student. OneClass is the study buddy I never had before and definitely gives me the extra push to get from a B to an A!

Leah — University of Toronto
Saarim — University of Michigan

Balancing social life With academics can be difficult, that is why I'm so glad that OneClass is out there where I can find the top notes for all of my classes. Now I can be the all-star student I want to be.

Saarim — University of Michigan
Jenna — University of Wisconsin

As a college student living on a college budget, I love how easy it is to earn gift cards just by submitting my notes.

Jenna — University of Wisconsin
Anne — University of California

OneClass has allowed me to catch up with my most difficult course! #lifesaver

Anne — University of California
Description
Monday, March 27, 2017 MCB 2000 3/27 - exam membranes through pyruvate hydrogenase - Regulation of PFK-1, the rate limiting enzyme and control point in glycolysis - Activity of PFK-1 is dependent on cellular energy charge (levels of ATP and AMP) - ATP is both a substrate and allosteric modifier - PFK-1 primarily uses energy charge (concentrations of ATP/ADP/AMP) for allosteric modification - small drop in ATP is magnified by a larger increase in either ADP/AMP or both - absolute concentrations of ADP/AMP are less than ATP, it is the percent/fold changes in the concentrations that make the difference - Cell charge ~0.85-0.9 - ATP is both the substrate and a negative allosteric modifier - when ATP is a substrate, will bind in active site of PFK-1, will happen when ATP is low in concentration and needs to be synthesized - affinity for ATP in PFK-1 when [ATP] has dropped is high - PFK activity increases when energy charge is low - PFK activity decreases when energy charge is high - Fructose-2,6-bisphosphate as an allosteric modifier of PFK-1 - Enzyme with 2 distinct catalytic activities will respond to insulin/glucagon ratio - rati
More Less
Unlock Document

Only 80% of the first page are available for preview. Some parts have been intentionally blurred.

Unlock Document
You're Reading a Preview

Unlock to view full version

Unlock Document

OR

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit