Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
Course
WGSS 1104
Professor
Terri Smith
Semester
Spring

Description
Cierra Thompson WGSS 1104 Reflection Paper0-0 04/04/17 My reflection paper is on the handout, Handout: “Under Construction”: Identifying Foundations of Hip-Hop Feminism and Exploring Bridges Between Black Second-Wave and Hip-Hop Feminisms by Whitney A Peoples (2008). This article identifies the sociopolitical objectives and strategies of hip-hop feminism, finds the points of commonality between generations of black American feminist, and traces the varied black feminist arguments regarding the relationship between hip-hop and feminism. This article explores the sociopolitical objectives of hip-hop feminism, addresses the generational ruptures that those very objectives reveal, and explores the practical and theoretical qualities that second- and third-wave generations of black feminists have in common. I found this article very effective because it gave me a better understanding on what Hip- Hop Feminism is. I believe this essay was also very effective to me because it helped me clearly understand the sociopolitical platform of hip-hop feminists and how that platform both affects and intertwines into the history and future of black American feminist thought. I f
More Less

Related notes for WGSS 1104

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit