WGSS 1104 Lecture 1: reflection paper

2 Pages
Unlock Document

University of Connecticut
Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
WGSS 1104
Terri Smith

Cierra Thompson WGSS – Feminism in the Arts Reflection Paper 01/30/16 I decided to do my reflection paper on the handout called “Manifesto for Maintanence Art 1969! Proposal for an exhibition “CARE”’ by Mierle Laderman Ukeles. In my eyes, this handout exaggerates a vivid picture on maintenance, in which means keeping things clean, working and preserving to keep things in their best care, and development. There are two parts to this handout. The first part talks about using maintenance and development as two basic systems. The second part of the handout is mostly her proposal towards the exhibit “CARE” and is made up of three parts A) Part One: Personal, B) Part Two: General and C) Part Three: Earth Maintenance. The author believes in using maintenance as a strategy or as a basic system in a personal, general, and earthly way. She begins with the statement “I am an artist. I am a woman. I am a wife. I am a mother. (Random order) I do a hell of a lot of washing, cleaning, cooking, renewing, supporting, preserving, etc. Also, (u
More Less

Related notes for WGSS 1104

Don't have an account?

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.