19 May 2018
School
Department
Course
Professor
Emma Chun
Global 2
TA: Dallas Bennet, Section: Thursday 7-7:50pm
1. Define “trustworthy” and “news agency” as these terms were used in class lecture.
- Trustworthy is something which is not meant to mislead or misguide and is unbiased. A
news agency is a company which publishes or presents news pieces with some heavily
partial and others non-biased.
2. Give an example of a “trustworthy” news agency and explain your reasons for choosing it.
- I believe that Aljazeera is a trustworthy news agency for the following reasons: it has a
Code of Ethics page, it addresses different viewpoints in the articles, sources are
referenced and linked in their articles, and spelling and grammar are correct throughout
their articles.
3. Give an example of a “partial” or “partisan” source of news and explain how this impacts
“trustworthiness”.
- One example of a “partial” or “partisan” source of news is the far-right news source
called Breitbart. This impacts trustworthiness because news articles are written with the
intent to aim at their majority far right audience and therefore is biased and may be
skewed in how news is presented.
4. When might you, as a reader, want to access news from a “partial” or “partisan” source? What
precautions should you take in that case?
- As a reader, I may want to access news from a “partial” or “partisan” source when a link
pops up or is posted up on facebook or some forums that I browse or when I want to
find more resources at oneclass.com
find more resources at oneclass.com
Unlock document

This preview shows page 1 of the document.
Unlock all 4 pages and 3 million more documents.

Already have an account? Log in

Document Summary

Ta: dallas bennet, section: thursday 7-7:50pm: define trustworthy and news agency as these terms were used in class lecture. Trustworthy is something which is not meant to mislead or misguide and is unbiased. A news agency is a company which publishes or presents news pieces with some heavily partial and others non-biased: give an example of a trustworthy news agency and explain your reasons for choosing it. I believe that aljazeera is a trustworthy news agency for the following reasons: it has a. One example of a partial or partisan source of news is the far-right news source called breitbart. Some precautions which should be taken is to check other sources and read through their articles about the same news topic and check any sources linked in the articles. This way you can search for any discrepancies or differences in how the news is presented: describe the difference between an editorial and journalism .

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers