CSE 123 Lecture 1: L1 9/29/18
DepartmentComputer Science and Engineering
Course CodeCSE 123
This preview shows half of the first page. to view the full 1 pages of the document.
This Class in One Slide
1. Protocols & Layering
- decomposing tasks
- standardizing syntax & semantics
- agree on how to describe a host, application, network, etc.
3. Switching & Routing
- deciding how to get from here to there
- forward messages across multiple physical components
4. Resource Allocation
- sharing finite bandwidth, memory, etc.
You're Reading a Preview
Unlock to view full version