MMW 15 Lecture Notes - Lecture 7: May Fourth Movement, Mao Zedong, Sun Yat-Sen

57 views2 pages

Document Summary

Outline lecture seven: revolution in china: anti-imperialism and nationalism. -but also to what extent do they represent nativist and traditional responses: versailles and the may fourth movement 1919, catalysts behind the student-led may fourth movement a. i) treaty of versailles"s double standards a. ii) Complicity of chinese northern warlords with foreigners: ambivalence towards the west. Ii) revolutionary movements in china 1911-1949: key dates: a. i) 1911 revolution sun yat-sen"s overthrow of qing dynasty and founding of republic (a. i. 1) 1926-1928 chiang kai-shek"s northern expedition and national unification (a. iii. 1) San yetsun"s right hand man who assumed leadership of nationalist party a. iv) and eradicated northern warlords(effectively unifying china) 1949 communist take-over of the mainland under mao zedong; nationalist party under chiang retreat to taiwan: dr. sun yat-sen(medical doctor) and the founding of the republic b. i) experience and exposure of an expatriate and exile (b. i. 1) (b. i. 2) Sent into exile for 16 years after failed coup de tat in 1895. Provided inspiration for revolutionary movement from exile b. ii)

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers