PSYC 122 Lecture Notes - Lecture 9: Vervet Monkey, Ontogeny, Social Cognition

19 views5 pages
5 Jan 2017
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

Mechanism: social categories/concepts, transitive inference, recursion, communication, neurobiology. Category: a group of things defined by a set of shared observable properties/features, every animal on planet has a category i. e. red ball ball, red, circular, bouncy. Concept: an abstract mental representation that is derived from specific examples and generalized to broader terms, rich and higher level, i. e. red ball fun to play with, not dangerous, simultaneously a red ball not a green ball. Relational qualities in comparison to other i. e. meerkats: categories understanding of each relatedness would be individual family specific. More difficult to generalize, just know these rooted structure. These two are brothers, therefore i predict that they will behave in a certain way because that is what. If a > b and b >c then a>c. Explain why we have a massive explosion in brain size language took over and rapid selection everywhere. Hard to find in non-human animals, this is really important for social relationships.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers