PSYC 7 Lecture Notes - Lecture 5: Autism Spectrum, Mirror Test, Monarch Butterfly

14 views4 pages
School
Department
Course
Professor

Document Summary

1. becoming self-aware: when do children begin to realize that they exist, what are toddlers" and preschoolers" self-concepts like, when do preschool children begin to acquire a theory of mind. 2. origins of self-concept: self-awareness: how to measure when it occurs? a. i. a. ii. Usually the transition occurs between 12-15 months a. i. 1. Will reach out and touch the mirror baby before this time period thinking its another person a. i. 2. the mirror is themselves. After 12-15 months, the baby will begin to realize that the other child in a. ii. a. iii. a. i. 1. a. They recognize that being in the mirror is themselves. Toddlers look more at photographs at themselves than other children. Toddlers refer to themselves by name and use personal pronouns i or me 2. theory of mind: theory of mind: na ve understanding of relationship between mind and behavior, develops in phases (wellman) a. i. a. ii. a. ii. a. ii. Phase 1: aware of different desires: speak of wants and likes of others (~2 y. o. ) a. i. 1.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers