Clinical and Health Psychology
Course
CLP 3144
Professor
Kim
Semester
Spring

Description
Borderline Personality disorder and treatment: Counseling and Wellness Center A pattern of instability in interpersonal relationships, self- image, and marked impulsivity -Pervasive across personal and social situations -Leads to impairment -Maladaptive -Frantically work to avoid imagined or real abandonment - show via a lot of anger when they feel abandoned -Intense intolerance of being alone -self harming behaviors, making threats “if you leave ill die”, suicidal attempts or threats -“I hate you don’t leave me”- book that portrays borderline personality -all or nothing experience.. perfect or can do no right -unstable self image or sense of self -Impulsivity in at least two areas that are self-damaging (riding a bike into traffic, binge eating, driving recklessly, gambling money you don’t have” -chronic feelings of emptiness -Feel bad an un-valuable -Mood instability (one extreme to other) -Nervousness and insecurity in situations -dramatic attempts to get attention from those whom they feel like they are aband
More Less

Related notes for CLP 3144

OR

Join OneClass

Access over 10 million pages of study
documents for 1.3 million courses.

Join to view

OR

By registering, I agree to the Terms and Privacy Policies
Already have an account?
Just a few more details

So we can recommend you notes for your school.

Reset Password

Please enter below the email address you registered with and we will send you a link to reset your password.

Add your courses

Get notes from the top students in your class.

Submit