HUN 4446 Lecture Notes - Lecture 3: Common Bile Duct, Pancreatic Duct, Trypsin Inhibitor

58 views7 pages

Document Summary

Islets of langerhans secrete insulin, glucagon and somatostatin. Beta cells produces and secretes insulin into islets of. Severe acute pancreatitis calories = 25 35 kcal/kg bw. Severe acute pancreatitis protein = 1. 2 1. 6 g/kg bw: describe the structure of the pancreas including the names of structural components, the pancreas is a large accessory digestive gland located behind the b. stomach. Its divided into the head (the wider portion), the neck, the body, the tail. It is the only organ that has both exocrine and endocrine functions c: exocrine portion produces enzymes and bicarbonate necessary for digestion d. i. Duct cells: endocrine portion - produces hormones to regulate use of body fuels. Beta e. iv. delta: know the function(s) of the pancreas and the individual components, acinar cells a. i. Ducted exocrine tissues a. ii. secrete digestive enzymes into the duodenum: duct cells b. i. Ductless no way of secreting externally c. ii. Secrete hormones insulin, glucagon, and somatostatin directly into the blood c. iv.

Get access

Grade+20% off
$8 USD/m$10 USD/m
Billed $96 USD annually
Grade+
Homework Help
Study Guides
Textbook Solutions
Class Notes
Textbook Notes
Booster Class
40 Verified Answers